Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Clothing bag

A friend requested I make her a clothing bag with lace and bows. She likes things pretty and fancy. Her room is hunter green and white. I had a piece of fancy green jacquard satin cloth left from a previous project. It was just the right width, but not quite long enough. I had some scraps of green calico left from another dress which would match and I had some lace as well. To dress up and hide the plain calico, I covered it in lace and then sewed it to the bottom of the satin. The hanger cover of calico on the back was also covered in lace. Some ribbon from my ribbon box and a jacquard cloth bow completed the bag. All the inside seams were finished so that no ravels of thread would rub off onto the clothes. This was a fun project to make, a nice break from clothing and other tedious things which must fit and be made just right. It was also very nice not to have to purchase anything for the bag, it being made entirely from scraps or things on hand. Despite this, I do not think I could have went and purchased more suitable cloth as my friend says it goes “splendidly” with her room décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment